Corporate values, clear Codes of conduct and guidelines contribute significantly to preserving the trust of users and customers in SARO GLOBAL
We encourage free markets and fair trade as well as the protection of people and the environment. The codes of conduct, guidelines and principles associated with this are clearly defined at SARO GLOBAL – in the Corporate Values, the SARO GLOBAL Code of Conduct, the SARO GLOBAL Purchasing Charter and the Compliance Processes. In order to embed the contents consistently throughout the company, we rely internationally on global communication and training methods.
Six corporate values form the basis of our business policy. The economic activities of all SARO GLOBAL employees are carried out according to the following principles:
1. All of SARO GLOBAL’s activities are geared towards keeping our customers satisfied with the high quality of our products and services.
2. We take a proactive role in shaping our future and view every change as an opportunity. Innovation in technology, processes, and products is the basis of future growth.
3. The motivation, competence, and effectiveness of all our staff ensure our long-term success.
4. We ensure the satisfaction of SARO GLOBAL’s shareholders by continuously adding value to our company, so that shareholders continue to invest in our company and, in turn, our job security.
5. We are committed to putting the principles of the Global Compact into practice: adhering to human rights, fair labor practices, environmental protection, and the fight against corruption.
6. We take on responsibility in society. Special emphasis is put on right relation between Industry and talented people.
Mandatory codes of conduct
We have defined our behavioral codes in a globally applicable Code of Conduct. Its contents are derived from the SARO GLOBAL corporate guidelines and the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact and serve as guidance. We expect all our employees to act consistently according to our ethical principles – regardless of their position or function. At the same time we ask our managers to set an example in this and to actively communicate it.
The SARO GLOBAL Code of Conduct establishes our most important principles in a total of six subject areas:
1. Compliance with legal regulations
We conduct our business lawfully and comply strictly with the laws of the countries in which we are active.
2. Fair competition
We do not gain any market advantages through unfair or illegal practices.
3. Protection of SARO GLOBAL assets
We are careful with the proprietary information, assets and resources of the company.
4. Socially acceptable working environment
We guarantee a socially acceptable, safe and motivating working environment. We strongly oppose child and forced labor, discrimination and the like. We expect the same from our business partners too.
5. Personal integrity
We encourage the highest possible degree of personal integrity and fairness in our employees, and avoid situations in which personal interests are or could be in conflict with those of our company.
6. Social engagement
We take our responsibility for future generations seriously and strive for sustainable development in all relevant areas – economical, ecological and social.
Minimum standards in strategic purchasing
We expect our suppliers to conduct themselves similarly to our own high standards in the areas of human rights, labor standards, environmental protection and fighting corruption. We have defined the framework and our globally applicable minimum standards in the SARO GLOBAL Purchasing Charter. According to this, suppliers are contractually obliged to act in accordance with the ten basic principles of the UN Global Compact. When it comes to collaborations we aim for long term partnerships and a continuous improvement process. This includes mutually agreed goals and their verification, site visits and certification in accordance with the environment and quality standards ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
Compliance and fair trade
Adherence to laws and internal guidelines is something that goes without saying at SARO GLOBAL. We strongly oppose any form of corruption, illegal or immoral conduct. In order to be able to ensure this consistently, we actively protect our company and our employees against risks. A central service facility combines all compliance processes, safeguards international standards and is available for consultation – as are our specialists in labor and competition law, data protection, finance guidelines, environmental protection, occupational safety and trademark and patent law. One focus is competition law and the promotion of a liberal economic system without any noticeable restraints on competition.